We know that saying it’s fast is cliché, but it is. In fact, it’s not just fast, the Vlaanderen is a damn rocket from Hades. It’s asphalt-crushingly stiff and yet paradoxically comfortable to ride. Like Eddy with his morning coffee, the Vlaanderen is a monster in a silk robe. Its raw performance is tempered by balance, making the Vlaanderen not only fast and agile but also stable and solid.
The Vlaanderen was conceived and designed through research, trial and real-world testing. It's created using a monocoque construction of the highest quality T700 and 24M high and medium modulus carbon from Toray Japan, combined with a proprietary carbon made in-house. Each frame takes dozens of man-hours: from the layup process, to several stages of hand-sanding and painting. But frankly, a bike can have all the best engineering in the world, but what's most important is the way it rides.
The Vlaanderen features a BB30 bottom bracket system and massive chain stays for power transfer, a tapered steerer tube for precise handling and an integrated seat mast to convey all those lovely road sensations straight to the rider. The geometry was developed to be a good all-around competition rig: as comfortable on day-long rides as it is confident in hectic criteriums. Take it down a high-speed descent and you’ll really see where the Vlaanderen is a true stand-out; its slightly longer than typical wheelbase give it confidence-inspiring stability while its rigid front and rear end give you the power to carve the corners.
Designed in Los Angeles and constructed in cooperation with one of the most exacting composite facilities in the world, our aim with the Vlaanderen is to provide an excellent bike at reasonable price to people who want to ride something a little different than the status quo.
- Clearance for 25c tires with room to spare.
- Tapered headtube with 1 1/4” bottom bearing.
- Integrated seat mast.
- BB30 bottom bracket.
- Designed for stability.
- Four color options: Gloss Gray, Gloss Belgian, Matte Black/White, Matte Belgian Classic.
- Di2 ready.
- HOUSING IS ROUTED THROUGH FRAME
- BB30 bottom bracket
- 1-1/8" to 1 - 1/4" integrated headset (included)
- Front derailleur clamp size: 34.9
- Max tire size: 25mm at least. Possibly bigger depending on brand and rim width.
- Topper adjustment range: 1.5cm
- Drilled for Di2 with battery mounts under the chainstay.
- Frame weights from 950g-1200g depending on size and paint option.