Saying it's fast is kinda cliche, but it is. In fact, it's not just fast, the Vlaanderen is a damn rocket from Hades. It's asphalt-devouringly stiff and yet paradoxically comfortable to ride. A monster in a silk robe.
The Vlaanderen is constructed from the highest quality, high-modulus Toray uni-directional carbon, and features a BB30 bottom bracket and massive chain stays for power transfer, a tapered steer tube for precise handling and an integrated seat mast to convey all those good road sensations straight to the rider. The geometry was developed to be a good all-around race rig: as comfortable on day-long rides is it is confident in hectic criteriums. Take it down a high-speed descent and you'll really see where the Vlaanderen is a true stand-out; its rigid front and rear end allow it to trace a perfect arc around turns.
The 2013 Vlaanderen will come in 2 colors: Belgian Blue and Euro White.
- Unidirectional, Torayca High Modulus M40 and Intermediate modulus T800 and T700 carbon fiber.
- Tapered headtube with 1 1/4” bottom bearing for a balance between stiffness and road feel.
- Integrated seat mast for lighter weight, high-road feel and a striking look.
- Oversized chain stays for total power transfer.
- BB30 bottom bracket for stiffness and light weight.
- Longer wheelbase for stable descending and predictable cornering.
- 990g for Medium frame with uncut mast. 350g uncut fork. 120g seat mast topper.
- Two paint schemes (Blue/Black and White/Blue).
- Di2 ready.
MSRP: $2225 USD
AVAILABLE JANUARY 2013
- HOUSING IS ROUTED THROUGH FRAME
- BB30 bottom bracket
- 1-1/8" to 1 - 1/4" integrated headset (included)
- Front derailleur clamp size: 34.9
- Max tire size: 25mm
- Topper adjustment range: 1.5cm
- Drilled for Di2 with battery mounts under the chainstay.