We know that saying it's fast is cliche, but it is. In fact, it's not just fast, the Vlaanderen is a damn rocket from Hades. It's asphalt-devouringly stiff and yet paradoxically comfortable to ride. Like Eddy having his morning coffee, the Vlaanderen is a monster in a silk robe.
is constructed from the highest quality, high-modulus Japanese pre-preg carbon in a monocoque construction. Molds are C-N-C'd from computer models and then a precise pattern of carbon sheets are hand-laid into the mold in a exact pattern. High-pressure vacuums and heat is then used to push all excess resin from the carbon fibers and produce a extremely rigid yet amazingly light structure.
Each frame takes dozens of man-hours: from the layup process, to several stages of hand-sanding and finally many days of painting. From a design standpoint, the Vlaanderen features a BB30 bottom bracket system and massive chain stays for power transfer, a tapered steer tube for precise handling and an integrated seat mast to convey all those lovely road sensations straight to the rider. The geometry was developed to be a good all-around competition rig: as comfortable on day-long rides is it is confident in hectic criteriums. Take it down a high-speed descent and you'll really see where the Vlaanderen is a true stand-out; its slightly longer than typical wheelbase give it conference-inspiring stability while its rigid front and rear end give you the power to carve the corners.
Designed in Los Angeles and constructed in cooperation with one of the exacting composites facilities in Asia, our aim with the Vlaanderen is to provide an excellent bike at reasonable price to people who want to ride something a little different than the status quo.
- Clearance for 25c tires with room to spare.
- Tapered headtube with 1 1/4” bottom bearing.
- Integrated seat mast.
- BB30 bottom bracket.
- Designed for stability.
- Four color options: Gloss Gray, Gloss Belgian, Matte Black/White, Matte Belgian Classic.
- Di2 ready.
- HOUSING IS ROUTED THROUGH FRAME
- BB30 bottom bracket
- 1-1/8" to 1 - 1/4" integrated headset (included)
- Front derailleur clamp size: 34.9
- Max tire size: 25mm at least. Possibly bigger depending on brand and rim width.
- Topper adjustment range: 1.5cm
- Drilled for Di2 with battery mounts under the chainstay.
- Frame weights from 950g-1200g depending on size and paint option.